All-New Aviation Exhibit at Exploration Place
Presented by Spirit AeroSystems
Wichita is known as the Air Capital of the World, but outside of seeing the finished planes there hasn't been a way to see the aviation industry in action. Now thanks to Exploration Place and several of the local aviation related companies in town you now have the chance.
Visitors of all ages can soar into this completely renovated 5,100 square-foot aviation exhibit gallery and encounter dozens of hands-on activities that reveal what happens behind-the-scenes in Wichita's aircraft plants.
General admission for the exhibits is $10.50 for adults, $9 for seniors, and $7 for youths (3-11). Guests with annual memberships get in free to all normal exhibits.
- Design an airplane's seat - just how comfortable should it be?
- Choose a mission and develop a cargo, military, or ambulance plane.
- Test landing gear.
- Enter the 10-foot long 737 fuselage theater and experience stories about our local industry.
- Climb into a luxurious executive jet and pretend you're a superstar or business mogul.
- Control a UAV.
- Plot a flight path to an exotic destination using GPS.
- And much more!